If the recording of eye movements with the eye tracker does not work, an error message is displayed. Calibration cannot be completed successfully if there are problems. Possible solutions are:
Eye tracking and webcam
- Make sure that you have only connected one monitor. It may happen that the system assumes the eye tracker or webcam is attached to the other monitor.
- Select your correct screen resolution when creating a study. If the selected screen resolution is greater than that of the monitor used, the study cannot be performed on that monitor.
- If the calibration is stuck, restart the tester software.
Tobii eye trackers
- Perform a calibration with the Tobii software.
- If you have a tobii EyeX eye tracker make sure to connect it to a USB 3 port.
- Make sure that you maintain a suitable distance from the monitor during study participation (45 – 100 cm). In the study, a message is displayed if the subject is outside the recording range of the eye tracker.
- If the eye tracker was not found in the tester software, check that you have downloaded the correct Tobii software.